FOR MORE INFO CALL US ON 07-5309 6454
Defender Hybrid Video Showcase
Reflecting Rhinomax Campers reputation for building Australia’s best off-road campers the new Defender 15ft Hybrid takes design, comfort and craftsmanship to a new level.
A striking external presence, refined luxurious interior and comprehensive equipment pack bring you a heightened sense of sophistication and a first-class travel experience.
Designed and equipped for off the grid travel the performance and capabilities of the Defender are best in class, great for those outback adventures.
Designed for the outdoor lifestyle the Defender has a huge outdoor entertainment area incorporating what is considered by the industry as one of the best ergonomically designed gourmet kitchens.
With a host of storage drawers, a deep pantry and plenty of shelf space the kitchen effortlessly slides out and sets itself up in seconds.
All covered by a huge 4.5m x 2.5m awning for protection from the elements and the additional option of awning walls or a full annex.
Due to our unique design and clever use of space on the internal layout the Defender feels a great deal bigger on the inside, it is comfortable to live in and a lot less claustrophobic than most hybrid campers.
The inside is light airy and spacious and is more like stepping into Dr Who’s Tardis.
Because of the insulated fibreglass wall and roof construction the inside temperature remains a lot more comfortable than most caravans.
Step into a Defender on a hot day and it immediately becomes evident how much cooler it is on the inside.
- 3 burner stove plus stainless sink with hot/cold tap
- Large storage drawers & deep pantry compartment
- large stainless prep bench
Full Size Internal Ensuite
- Australia, Europe & USA most popular cassette toilet system
- Chemical free SOG system & composting toilets available
- Full size shower tray
- Queen size bed with inner spring mattress
- 5 seat cafe lounge with swivel leg free table
- Heaps of storage drawers
100% Australian made and built from the ground up all within the walls of our workshops in Queensland.
Constructed with fiberglass composite body & roof panels this construction method offers enormous advantages, incredibly strong, extremely lightweight, great thermal insulation properties, superior water resistance, hail resistant, easy cleaned, low maintenance and easy to repair.
Hot dipped galvanised chassis with full length 150mm x 50mm drawbar rails for maximum strength plus an advanced integrated sub-frame for reduced weight.
Industry leading Cruisemaster XT 2600kg all terrain independent suspension system with twin shocks. Australia’s number one off road suspension system.
Cruisemaster All Terrain Suspension
- 2600kg load rated ideal for harsh conditions
- Air suspension & disc brake options available
- Wheel match options available
Galvanised Off Road Chassis
- Full length 150mm chassis rails for maximum strength
- advanced integrated sub-frame for reduced weight
- Hot dipped galvanised for maximum protection
Fibreglass Composite Body Panels
- 30mm thick with high density foamcore centre for maximum insulation
- Impact resistant fiberglass for stone protection
- Incredibly strong & extremely lightweight
Quick and easy set-up is the name of the game with the Defender, drop down the stabaliser legs, wind out the awning and slide out the kitchen. With its automatic push button roof opening you will be set up with a glass of wine in your hand in minutes.
As with the rest of the Rhinomax hybrid range the Defender is constructed from 30mm thick high density fibreglass composite walls and roof panelling, which create a high strength body with superior insulation qualities. Step into a Defender on a hot day and it immediately becomes evident how much cooler it is on the inside.
No matter how far your journey you can never have to much storage. With the help of computerised design software we have given the Defender the largest storage capacity in its class. Heaps of external compartments, plenty of internal storage drawers plus a large drawbar mounted front box with integrated gas bottle & jerry can compartments.
The Defender combines a light tare weight (1765kg) with a low-ball weight (150kg) to give one of the largest payloads (735kg) within the 15ft hybrid sector.
This coupled with a 4WD width of under 2 metres gives a superior towing experience and means the Defender will follow in the tracks of your tow vehicle.
Lightweight & Easy To Tow
- Light tare weight – 1765kg / Low ball weight – 150kg
- 4WD towing width – follows the track of your car
- Reduced travel height & aerodynamic front
Quick & easy set up
- Push button auto roof opening
- Easy wind out awning
- Quick pull out kitchen
Large storage capacity
- Huge tunnel boot front box
- Large external storage compartments
- 4 x 20lt Jerry can storage compartment
Lightweight easy to tow with a Landcruiser towing width (1950mm) and good departure angles the Defender handles off road conditions with ease and makes a great outback base camp.
Equipped with a comprehensive 12-volt electrical system incorporating the Lithium compatible Redarc BMS battery management system, a DC to Dc charger, 2 x 120amp batteries, 600-watt pure sine wave power inverter & 320-watts roof mounted solar panels mean you can extend your time off the grid.
There is also a complete 240-volt power system installed for when you have the opportunity to connect to mains power.
Truma gas hot water system connected to the kitchen and shower comes standard and has proven to be one of the best in the industry, it is Australia’s number one RV hot water system.
210lts water capacity plus an external water draw facility and 85lt grey water tank are all standard and make the Defender ideal for those extended adventures in the outback.
Body & Chassis
- Full length hot dipped galvanised chassis
- Cruisemaster XT 2600KG all terrain suspension with twin shock absorbers
- 12 inch electric brakes
- 17” alloy wheels with all terrain tyres
- DO35 3500kg off road coupling
- Rear spare wheel holder
- Heavy duty wind down stabiliser legs
- Swing up heavy duty jockey wheel
- Insulated fibreglass composite body panel construction
- Insulated fibreglass composite panel pop top roof
- Eco-skeletal reinforcing trims on each corner
- Queen size bed area with queen size inner spring mattress
- Internal four seat lounge with swivel leg free table
- Twin under-bed storage drawers
- Internal rear drawer cabinet
- Internal vanity sink with hot/cold mixer tap
- Internal ensuite cubicle with power shower & toilet
- 1 x Sirocco 3 speed fan with timer settings
- Stereo system FM/CD/MP3 with twin internal speakers
- 2 x bedside reading lights
- Internal surround LED lighting
- 210lt water tank capacity
- 85lt grey water tank connected to shower
- External water draw facility (creek draw)
- Water delivery – 12 volt sureflo/flojet pump
- Water in pressure reducer (for connecting to town water)
- Truma gas hot water system connected to kitchen & shower
- Hot/cold power shower
- 2 x double glazed windows with integral blind & fly screens
- Triple lock door with integral security screen
- External slide out gourmet kitchen
- Lockable side storage compartments
- Wind out 4.5m x 2.5m awning
- Large front storage box with side loading doors & integrated gas bottle & jerry can compartments
- External slide out gourmet kitchen with expandable stainless bench, large utensil drawer, under sink storage compartment
- Stainless steel sink with hot/cold mixer tap
- 3 burner gas hob with electronic ignition
- 2 large insulated pantry storage drawers
- Evakool/Rhinomax 85lt fridge/freezer
- Push button electric pop-top roof opening
- 1 x 240 power inlet & 2 x double 240 power outlets
- Anderson plug for car connection
- 12 volt internal power sockets
- LED internal surround lighting
- LED external under awning light
- LED lights in external storage compartments
- Batteries – 2 x 120amp AGM
- Redarc BMS battery management system (lithium compatible) incorporating DC to DC charger & remote monitor
- 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter
- Water flow metre (gives exact water in tank readout)
- 2 x 160 watt roof mounted solar panels
- Break-away break safe system
UPGRADES & OPTIONS
Defender Hybrid Layout
Weights & Dimensions
Overall length – 6800mm (including spare wheel) / Body length – 4600mm / Width – 1970mm / Height – 2400mm
Tare weight – 1765kg / Gross weight – 2500kg / Ball weight – 150kg
For full specifications and price download a brochure
All our campers come with an extensive list of equipment as standard but because we custom make them here in Australia we can also customise your camper with any options or additions that you require.
- Internal cooking facilities
- Leather interior seating
- Multimedia entertainment system – HD digital TV with integrated DVD/USB player plus Wineguard wind up antenna
- Vanity cabinet on rear benchtop
- Air Conditioning reverse cycle
- Diesel cabin heater
- Internal fans
- Bunk beds (various layouts available)
- Lithium battery upgrade
- Power inverter upgrade
- Extra 12V & 240V power outlets
- External LED lights
- Cargo/wood basket on front box
- Bicycle carrier (twin bikes)
- Additional fridge, BBQ & generator slides
- EvaKool 85lt fridge/freezer Rhinomax special build
- Rear view camera
- Double-glazed window with integrated blind & fly screen
- BBQ gas bayonet outlet
- Fully enclosed annex
- Annex separate walls – side walls / front wall
- Draught skirt
- Awning anti-flap kit
- Water tanks 85lt or 110lt
- Water filter
- External tap
- Wheel & hub match (enables camper wheels to be used on tow vehicle as spare)
- Extra swing out spare wheel holder (includes extra wheel & tyre)
- Tyre pressure monitoring kit
- Disc Brake upgrade
- Air suspension upgrade
- Hitch lock DO35
- Spare bearing kit