FOR MORE INFO CALL 07-5309 6454
Discovery MK2 Video Showcase
Launched to wide acclaim in 2014, the Rhinomax Discovery has reset the benchmark for the premium hybrid sector.
It packages superb engineering and design, quality inclusions, comforts and a full off-road chassis at a very attractive price point.
The Discovery is a hard-walled hybrid camper with a full off-road chassis engineered with a significant payload and storage potential, without compromising ball weight.
With a host of clever features and a comprehensive list of equipment as standard the Discovery Hybrid is proving to be the one of the best value hybrid campers in Australia.
Designed for outdoor living the Discovery has a large outdoor entertainment area covered by a huge 4.5m x 2.5m awning for protection from the elements and with the additional option of awning walls or a full annex it makes a great outback base camp.
The external gourmet kitchen slides out effortlessly and sets itself up in seconds. Complete with a top of the range 3 burner stove, stainless sink with hot/cold mixer tap plus plenty of storage including a huge pantry compartment it is ideal for all budding master chefs.
Our innovative external pop up shower pod has been a revelation and is regarded by the experts as the best in the industry. Quick and easy to set up. Just open the hard-top shower pod and the shower curtains drop down, a peg in each corner and you set up. It’s that easy.
Due to our unique design and clever use of space on the internal layout the Discovery feels a great deal bigger on the inside, it is comfortable to live in and a lot less claustrophobic than most hybrid campers.
The Discovery has the largest internal space within the 14ft hybrid sector ideal for couples or with the addition of bunks great for the extended family.
Because of the insulated fibreglass wall and roof construction the inside temperature remains a lot more comfortable than most caravans.
Step into a Discovery on a hot day and it immediately becomes evident how much cooler it is on the inside.
3 burner stove plus stainless sink with hot/cold tap
Large storage drawers & deep pantry compartment
large stainless prep bench
Easy set up in under a minute
Heat reflective walls – stays cool inside
Removable floor for easy cleaning
Queen size bed with inner spring mattress
5 seat cafe lounge with swivel leg free table
Internal under seat portaloo
100% Australian made and built from the ground up all within the walls of our workshops in Queensland.
Constructed with fiberglass composite body & roof panels this construction method offers enormous advantages, incredibly strong, extremely lightweight, great thermal insulation properties, superior water resistance, hail resistant, easy cleaned, low maintenance and easy to repair.
Hot dipped galvanised chassis with full length 150mm x 50mm drawbar rails for maximum strength plus an advanced integrated sub-frame for reduced weight.
Industry leading Cruisemaster XT 2600kg all terrain independent suspension system with twin shocks. Australia’s number one off road suspension system.
Cruisemaster All Terrain Suspension
2600kg load rated ideal for harsh conditions
Air suspension & disc brake options available
Wheel match options available
Galvanised Off Road Chassis
Full length chassis rails for maximum strength
Advanced integrated sub-frame for reduced weight
Hot dipped galvanised for maximum protection
Fibreglass Composite Body Panels
30mm thick for maximum strength & insulation
Impact resistant fibreglass for stone protection
Incredibly strong & extremely lightweight
Quick and easy set-up is the name of the game with the Discovery, drop down the stabaliser legs, wind out the awning and slide out the kitchen and pop up the roof, you will be set up with a glass of wine in your hand in minutes.
As with the rest of the Rhinomax hybrid range the Discovery is constructed from 30mm thick high density fibreglass composite walls and roof panelling, which create a high strength body with superior insulation qualities. Step into a Defender on a hot day and it immediately becomes evident how much cooler it is on the inside.
No matter how far your journey you can never have to much storage. With the help of computerised design software we have given the Discovery the largest storage capacity in its class. Heaps of external compartments, plenty of internal storage drawers plus a large drawbar mounted front box.
The Discovery combines a light tare weight (1720kg) with a low-ball weight (130kg) to give one of the largest payloads (780kg) within the 14ft hybrid sector.
This coupled with a 4WD width of under 2 metres gives a superior towing experience and means the Discovery will follow in the tracks of your tow vehicle.
Lightweight & Easy To Tow
Light tare weight – 1710kg / Low ball weight – 130kg
4WD towing width – follows the track of your car
Reduced travel height & aerodynamic front
Quick & easy set up
Innovative pop up shower pod
Easy wind out awning
Quick pull out kitchen
Large storage capacity
Huge tunnel boot front box
Large external storage compartments
Lockable gas bottle box
Lightweight easy to tow with a Landcruiser towing width (1950mm) and good departure angles the Discovery handles off road conditions with ease and makes a great outback base camp.
Equipped with a comprehensive 12-volt electrical system incorporating the Lithium compatible Redarc BMS battery management system, a DC to Dc charger, 2 x 120amp batteries, 600-watt pure sine wave power inverter & 320-watts roof mounted solar panels mean you can extend your time off the grid.
There is also a complete 240-volt power system installed for when you have the opportunity to connect to mains power.
Truma gas hot water system connected to the kitchen and shower comes standard and has proven to be one of the best in the industry, it is Australia’s number one RV hot water system.
125lts water capacity standard with an extra 110lt option available plus an external water draw facility make the Discovery ideal for those extended adventures in the outback.
Body & Chassis
- Full length hot dipped galvanised chassis
- Cruisemaster XT all terrain suspension with twin shock absorbers
- 12 inch electric brakes
- 17” alloy wheels with all terrain tyres
- DO35 3500kg off road coupling
- Rear spare wheel holder
- Heavy duty wind down stabiliser legs
- Swing up heavy duty jockey wheel
- Insulated fibreglass composite body panel construction
- Insulated fibreglass composite panel pop top roof
- Rhinomax aluminium corner reinforcing trims
- 2 x double glazed windows with integral blind & fly screens
- Triple lock door with integral security screen
- Pop up external shower & ensuite cubicle on rear with built in hot/cold power shower
- Portaloo accessible from external side compartment
- External pull out gourmet kitchen
- Lockable side storage compartments
- Wind out 4.5m x 2.4m awning
- Front storage box with integrated gas bottle compartment
- & twin deluxe jerry can holders
- External slide out gourmet kitchen with expandable stainless bench, large utensil drawer, under sink storage compartment
- Stainless steel sink with hot/cold mixer tap
- 3 burner gas hob with electronic ignition
- 2 x large insulated pantry storage drawers
- Fridge compartment with fridge slide & power point plus deep pan storage compartment with sliding top drawer
- Queen size bed area with queen size inner spring mattress
- Internal 5 seat lounge area with swivel leg free table
- Internal under seat portaloo compartment with portaloo
- Twin under-bed storage drawers
- Rear drawer cabinet
- Internal vanity sink with hot/cold mixer tap
- Stereo system FM/USB/MP3 with twin internal speakers
- 2 x bedside reading lights
- Internal surround LED lighting
- 125lt heavy duty water tank
- External water draw facility (creek draw)
- Water delivery – 12 volt Sureflo/Flojet pump
- Water in pressure reducer (for connecting to town water)
- Truma gas hot water system connected to kitchen & shower
- Hot/cold power shower in external ensuite
- 1 x 240 power inlet & 2 x double 240 power outlets
- Anderson plug
- 12 volt internal power sockets
- LED internal surround lighting
- Led external under awning light
- LED lights in all external storage compartments
- Batteries – 2 x 120amp AGM
- Redarc BMS battery management system (lithium compatible) incorporating DC to DC charger & remote monitor
- Projecta 600 watt pure sine wave inverter
- Water flow metre
- 2 x 160 watt roof mounted solar panels
- Brake safe breakaway system
UPGRADES & OPTIONS
Discovery Hybrid MK2
Overall length – 6400mm / Body length – 4500mm / Width – 1970mm / Height – 2400mm
Tare weight – 1710kg / Gross weight – 2500kg / Ball weight – 130kg
All our campers come with an extensive list of equipment as standard but because we custom make them here in Australia we can also customise your camper with any options or additions that you require.
- Internal cooking facilities
- Leather interior seating
- Multimedia entertainment system – HD digital TV with integrated DVD/USB player plus Wineguard wind up antenna
- Vanity cabinet on rear benchtop
- Air Conditioning reverse cycle
- Diesel cabin heater
- Internal fans
- Bunk beds (various layouts available)
- Lithium battery upgrade
- Power inverter upgrade
- Extra 12V & 240V power outlets
- External LED lights
- Automatic electronic roof opening
- Cargo/wood basket on front box
- Bicycle carrier (twin bikes)
- Additional fridge, BBQ & generator slides
- EvaKool 85lt fridge/freezer Rhinomax special build
- Rear view camera
- Double-glazed window with integrated blind & fly screen
- BBQ gas bayonet outlet
- Fully enclosed annex
- Annex separate walls – side walls / front wall
- Draught skirt
- Anti-flap kit
- Water tanks 85lt or 110lt
- Water filter
- External tap
- Wheel & hub match (enables camper wheels to be used on tow vehicle as spare)
- Extra swing out spare wheel holder (includes extra wheel & tyre)
- Tyre pressure monitoring kit
- Disc Brake upgrade
- Air suspension upgrade
- Hitch lock DO35
- Spare bearing kit